When Are Weather Sirens Activated?
• Requested by National Weather Service, Law Enforcement, Fire/Rescue, EMS, SKYWARN Spotters, Other Trained Spotters.
• Reports of dangerous winds in excess of 70 MPH.
• Reports of funnels/tornados by trained personnel
• Citizen reports of funnels/tornados that cannot be immediately verified by trained personnel
• Hail of 1” or over in diameter
• Sirens sound for 2-3 minutes & go silent
• Attempt to activate sirens in effected area as much as possible.
• There is NOT AN ALL CLEAR SIREN
• Sirens within 10 miles of the Monticello Nuclear plant will all sound simultaneously. There is no way to individually sound these linked sirens.