Temporary Outdoor Music
Per Section 5-5-3 of the Albertville City Code, Outdoor Musical Performances may obtain a permit from the City and may fall under two different categories.
A major live occasional outdoor music event is held at an event venue or other commercial property specifically to provide live or recorded amplified music entertainment to a large assembly of persons.
The following criteria shall apply to issuance of a live major outdoor musical performance permit:
- Any person, organization, and/or entity shall be limited to a maximum of two major permits and commercial properties shall be limited to a maximum of three major permit in a calendar year.
- Pay a permit fee and provide information that the site event will comply with the performance standards in the Albertville City Code.
- Demonstrate adequate sanitary facilities for the event.
- Demonstrate adequate security and fencing to control access to the event at the location of the outdoor musical performance.
- Have sufficient off street parking.
- Must not interfere with other commercial and governmental activities or with the quiet enjoyment of residential property.
- Stage, performers, speakers and amplifiers are located three hundred feet from any residence located in a residential zoning district and are arranged in a manner that does not directly broadcast music at or toward a residence within three hundred feet of the stage.
- Shall be allowed between May 15 and October 15 and not perform beyond twelve o’clock midnight.
- Volume must be reasonable and comply with all requests of the sheriff’s department to reduce volumes to mitigate nuisance complaints.
- Failure to abide by these standards or the receipt of nuisance complaints may be grounds for denial of future major outdoor musical permits for the property.
The cost of a Temporary Major Outdoor Music Permit is $50.
A minor live outdoor music event may be acoustic or amplified, at an established commercial location as only part of a regular business service to its customers. An annual permit may be issued for the operation of outdoor live music events in a manner that will not unreasonably disturb the peace, quiet, or comfort of adjoining residential neighborhoods.
The following criteria shall apply to the issuance of a minor live outdoor music event permit:
- Issued to commercial properties only.
- Pay an annual permit fee and provide information that the site event will comply with the performance standards the Albertville City Code.
- Be issued annually and only allowed between the dates of May 15 to October 15.
- Shall comply with all the stage and performance setbacks of a major outdoor music event.
- Shall not perform between the hours of 9 pm and 11 am Sunday through Thursday, and 10 pm and 11 am Friday and Saturday.
- Volume must be reasonable so as not to be audible at the shared property line with a residentially zoned property and comply with all requests of the sheriff’s department to mitigate nuisance complaints.
The annual fee for a Minor Live Outdoor Music Event is $50